Digital Marketing Manager Role
If you've got talent burning a hole in your pocket, wishing your job really made use of your skills, you might be just the person we're looking for. We are an online marketing company aiming to help online course creators start, grow and scale their business through Facebook and Instagram advertising and online marketing education. We've got a ton of exciting new projects in the works this year...so many that we need a hand to get them all done.
A few questions...
- Are you a Type A and proud of it?
- Do you love learning new platforms and programs and can figure any tech platform out without breaking a sweat?
- Are you a competent personality wrangler? In other words, you get along well with others, but you also get things done.
- Are you the one that friends go to for help when their shortcut didn't work?
- Do you love watching from the back of the stage, knowing that the show was able to go on because of all your behind-the-scenes work?
This role is a mix of work-from-home as well as in-person collaboration. The ideal candidate is based in Brisbane, Australia.
This is a part-time position that reports directly to our founder, while also working closely with other key members of the team.
Occasionally this role will involve working some evenings and weekends, and sometimes responding to support tickets outside of work hours. Our customers are mainly based in the US so flexibility is key. Also, because our business uses an online launching business model, a few times per year there will be the need to work additional hours on evenings and weekends preparing for program launches.
You don’t need you to be a Facebook advertising expert yourself. But you do need you to have a good understanding of how online marketing works, including lead magnets, opt-in pages, sales pages, email marketing processes, webinars, social media marketing, etc. (If any of those phrases are brand new to you, this likely is not the perfect position for you.) You’ll need you to make sure that our brand stays consistent and reliable, from start to finish, with each project we put out. You are obsessed with content creation and can turn one hour long video into at least 30 pieces of social media content. You are a systems and processes genius and never do anything without also recording yourself and turning it into a process you can teach others.
I'll be straight with you: This position has high expectations.
But if you're the person I'm looking for, you're the type who gets motivated by high expectations.
Duties and Responsibilities
Thinking this gig is tailor-made for you? Read on to learn more.
- Integrates all major marketing functions of the business. Ensures everyone is rowing together in the same direction. Models the way, always working toward the greater good of the business
- The Marketing Manager works with other team members and contractors (such as the paid traffic team, affiliate managers, customer service specialist, copywriters, programmers, etc.). These are people working on other projects at the same time, and the Marketing Manager will be responsible for getting status updates from them regularly.
- Effectively collaborates with the Founder and stays on the same page. Maintains a high level of mutual respect with the Founder. Realizes the unique contributions and ideas that the Founder has, and possesses an ability to filter and translate those ideas into functional plans for the company.
- Resolves issues effectively—seeing real problems, being comfortable with conflict, calling out the problems, and solving the problems in a practical and healthy manner. Works with the leadership team to create a healthy, functional, and cohesive working environment.
- Ensures that everyone is truly following, and adhering to, the company’s core processes and operating system with consistency. Demonstrates insanely effective project management skills and can turn any new project into a documented system for others to follow.
- The Marketing Manager tests everything, serving as the final check before something goes live.
- The Marketing Manager is responsible for knowing if the work being delivered by the team is on brand and of appropriate quality.
Here's who this position is NOT for:
- Those looking for a "side job" while growing their own business.
- People who have a lot going on already and don't have the time and focus to really dive in.
- The people who haven't read a non-fiction book (or listened to a podcast) about business or marketing in a very long time.
- Those who aren't willing to sign a non-disclosure agreement.
- Those who prefer to be front-facing in the business.
- Those who need a high level of hand-holding and is afraid of change
However, this position is for a person who:
- Is resourceful.
- Can batch their work in order to be more efficient and gets ahead of deadlines
- Works very well with other people and can build rapport quickly with both team members and customers.
- Has great attention to detail and brand quality.
- Is not locked into just working 9-5 but embraces a "until it gets done" attitude.
- Is a high-functioning communicator.
- Is extremely reliable.
- Dependably demonstrates a relentless obsession with values alignment, focus, organization, simplicity, and clarity.
- Takes ownership and pride in their work.
- Is not afraid of new challenges.
- Loves learning new things and can implement new ideas quickly.
- Adapts really well to changes on-the-go.
- Is technologically savvy.
- Can handle direct & blunt feedback.
- Can juggle lots of moving pieces while staying collected.
Here's what the right person will love about this position:
- You get to see the impact our business makes in other people’s lives by helping them create more freedom in their lives.
- You'll be paid to do what you already get a kick out of: learning new ways to make things work really, really well.
- You'll get to do your work from anywhere: your living room, the coffee shop, a hotel pool...
- You'll get to work in a fast-growing agency and online training company, where there are loads of growth opportunities.
- You'll learn the ins and outs of every aspect of online marketing, content development, and building a brand online.
- You'll also see "behind the scenes" of how we help our customers grow and scale their 7-figure businesses
- You'll be part of a company that has one main goal: Helping people create more freedom in their lives and impact the lives of their students by building wildly profitable online businesses.
If you’d like to be considered for this role, please respond to hello at shineandsucceed.com by 31 January 2020 with the following details:
- Step #1: Take your personality assessment here: www.16personalities.com
- Step #2: Respond to this post with…
- Your Assessment results from step #1
- Your resume
- A short video telling us why we should consider you for this role
If you want to step into a role with great leadership opportunities, enjoy knowing all the details and have an entrepreneurial spirit, this just might be the role for you!
What to learn a little bit more about us? Keep reading!
What We Do:
We help digital course creators launch bigger, grow more consistently and scale faster with Facebook and Instagram advertising.
We do this through our agency services and through educational content that empowers entrepreneurs to build profitable online businesses that bring creative, professional and personal and financial freedom.
We lead a fun-loving, dedicated team that is committed to excellence, always sees the upside to any situation, and maintains the strength and flexibility to change course as our business evolves.
Salome is the creator and Founder of Shine and Succeed Pty Ltd, a multi-woman ads agency that serves to help online course creators make an even bigger impact in the world by predictably growing and scaling their businesses with Facebook and Instagram advertising.
With our recent launch of The Shine Show and our own online education programs in the works Salome is leading this team to big things in 2020 and is excited to see the impact we can make when we implement the right social media, content and launch strategies to impact even more people’s lives.
Our Team Values:
- We create warm relationships: We deeply connect with everyone we touch
- We have high standards: We set an example others can follow
- We show appreciation: We approach everything with gratitude
- We are courageous: We find creative solutions to our challenges
- We grow and learn: We are committed to ongoing learning and development and we add value wherever we go
- We have fun: We are cheerful and show up with joy
Team Shine Perks
Did we forget to mention all of the Team Shine’s perks? We're fast-paced and rapidly growing. Our small but mighty team is full of talented and motivated individuals who enjoy coming into work. But these awesome perks help just a little too:
- Flexible working environment where output and reliable communication matters more than sitting at a desk
- Competitive and generous remuneration
- After 6 months this becomes a permanent role with plenty of paid leave and Super
- Forget the traditional corporate culture. Salome left that behind years ago for a reason and has created something entirely different! Have a question? Have an emergency? Having a bad day? At Team Shine we’re all here to support you however we can!
- Something you’ve always wanted to learn? We are always searching for ways to support the ongoing development of our team members. Submit your request and we’ll do our best to help you.
Read all the way to the bottom of the page? You get to jump to the front of the applications list if you use the headline “Odie is the best dog” in your application email. 😉